I’m a ferocious entrepreneur, a foodie, a wine and coffee enthusiast, closet chef, full time dad and I love sales, marketing and technology.
In my early years, I could be found on the municipal golf course in Palm Springs, California picking from plentiful lemon trees and selling lemonade on the second hole. Little did I know what I was setting myself up for then. I have spent my entire adult lifetime building companies. My greatest skill is identifying unique marketing opportunities and driving customer acquisition. My latest company accumulated over 50,000 customers and most importantly, over 44,000 unique customer testimonials.
I’m now helping others build their companies. I’ve created Greenspan Consulting, helping startups, startup. We help with strategy, business plans, sales and marketing, technology, social media and financial modeling.
I’ve had a blast working with some amazing people over the years. I co-hosted the #140conf LA Meetup with Jeff Pulver at Yahoo! Burbank’s HQ and then a second event at the Comedy Store on Sunset in Los Angeles. As the official licensee of TEDxAmericanRiviera, I co-hosted several events with some amazing TEDsters, raised over $250k in funding, sold out each year and became a level II TEDx event in our third year.
I’ve been speaking at USC’s Marshall School of Business and UCLA Anderson School Entrepreneurship Institute for the past eight years. USC Marshall School developed a case study about my last company and has taught it as a course for MBA candidates the past 4 years. I’ve spoken at countless events and conferences, various schools, colleges and universities and private functions. He has emcee’d school charity events, Teddy Bear Cancer Foundation’s signature annual luncheon, Saks and The City, the #140conf meetups, Thindex and Poogling conferences and many others. I love to talk, so this works for me.
Here’s a list of some cool stuff that happened along the way:
- TED attendee 2010-2012
- Licensee and co-producer TEDxAmericanRiviera 2010/2011/2012/2013 (hiatus)
- Teddy Bear Cancer Foundation: Board Member
- Emcee/auctioneer for Saks and the City benefitting Teddy Bear Cancer Foundation
- Emcee for Bears and Bees event benefitting Teddy Bear Cancer Foundation
- Southern California Technology Council: Board Member
- Santa Barbara Chamber of Commerce, Business Leaders Council
- All Saints by the School fundraising committee
- Montecito Union School: Special fundraising committee, technology advisor, emcee and auctioneer for signature fundraising event past five years
- Laguna Blanca prep school technology advisory committee
- Recipient of the Honorary Service Award by the California PTA
- Citrix iBusiness Board of Governors
- Emcee at Convergence (Microsoft campus in Santa Clara) 2010 and 2011
- Recipient of Best Places to Work award from Pacific Coast Business Times
- Two time winner of Best Of in the Santa Barbara Independent for computer repair
- Capstone speaker for USC’s CTM event in San Jose at Sun headquarters
- University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business (USC): Regular speaker on business building, marketing and PR
- University of California, Los Angeles, Andersen School of Business (UCLA): Regular speaker on Entrepreneuring and Extreme Customer Service
- University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB): Regular speaker, various topics
- Santa Barbara City College: Regular speaker, various topics
- SBCC Scheinfeld Center profiled speaker
- Dos Pueblos Entrepreneuring course guest speaker
- Anacapa prep school guest speaker
- Guest speaker at over 35 elementary schools (sponsored by Verizon) for Poogling Internet Information Seminars
- Various other schools, colleges, universities and organizations: Regular speaker on Entrepreneuring, Marketing, PR, Extreme Customer Service, management, and other topics.
I have two beautiful sons and a Beagle. We live in beautiful Montecito, California (part of Santa Barbara). I love to build companies, volunteer, travel, cook and enjoy life. For my resume, click here. To visit my company, Greenspan Consulting, click here.