First, I’m a huge Guy Fieri and Triple D fan and in general, the Food Network. An old friend Susie Fogelson works there and I was actually on the Food Network’s Private Chefs of Beverly Hills “Glamping” episode.
Not too long ago, Guy did a show in my home town of Santa Barbara. In short, he blew it (and I mean that in a nice way as he missed some of our finest DDDs). Not that the restaurants he chose aren’t solid, but the great ones remain uncelebrated.
Hey Guy, here’s where you should visit on your next trip to Santa Barbara: (reader note…remember it’s Diners, Drive-ins and Dives)
1. La Super Rica or Lilly’s Tacos. Anything on the menu and in particular the odd meats at Lilly’s like brain and cheek.
2. Los Agaves. Molcajete molcajete molcajete.
3. Brophy Bros. Cioppino, garlic baked clams and anything cold.
4. Esaus. Pancakes, potatoes and the biscuits.
5. Joes. French dip or prime rib sandwich.
6. Pace. Anything.
7. Brewhouse. Pan roasted chicken or filet mignon enchiladas.
8. The Neighborhood.
9. The Spot.
10. TBD by your comments.
My hat is off to Litos, Macs, Savoy Cafe and Nortons. You are all spots I frequent, but not as much as the above list.